Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bridesmaid Dress Fiasco

Bridesmaid dress are ugly. I searched high and low for a decent bridesmaid dress, but everything I found was cheesy or typical or just too damn expensive for a dress these girls will only wear once. It was my goal to find a bridesmaid dress my ladies would love.

Since the typical bridesmaid dress wasn't going to cut it, I searched on Etsy, a website of uber crafty crafters who sell their goods. You can find anything from furniture to jewelry to clothes. While searching through the site one night, I found the most adorable dress that would work perfectly for a bridesmaid dress. I emailed it to all my ladies immediately in hopes that they would all love it as much as I did. Only one problem: the dress was $150. That's pretty average for bridesmaid dresses, but I was really hoping to find dresses for less than that.

A few months later, I was trolling through Offbeat Bride and ran across a post about a girl's holiday wedding. There were pictures posted and this girl had the most adorable bridesmaid dresses I had ever seen. I posted a comment to ask where she found the dress and she replied that she ordered them off Trashy Diva. I was at work when I read the reply, and my work internetl filtered the Trashy Diva website out (because of lingerie), so I called my best friend Susan to check out the site and find the dress to see how much it was. Susan called me immediately and said, "You're not going to f-ing believe this. The dress is on clearance for $34." Woohoo!!!! Susan called Trashy Diva to make sure they had all the sizes we needed in stock, and they did. I called them immediately after that and ordered seven of them.

I waited patiently for the dresses to arrive...and I waited and waited and waited and waited. Nothing. According to UPS, the dresses were delivered to my house, but I never received them. I called UPS who told me to call Trashy Diva. Angie at Trashy Diva reassured me that she would call UPS to get an investigation started to find my dresses. Worst case scenario: they send me more dresses out or send me my money back. Unfortunately, I needed four mediums and they only had one left. Uh oh. I kept my fingers crossed that the dresses would eventually show up on my door step.

No luck.

Angie to the rescue. She told me that the dresses run big and suggested that I just get smalls to replace the mediums. In the meantime, another medium showed up, so Trashy Diva was sending me out the two mediums and some smalls. They sent the package to Greg's grandparents house, and I kept my fingers crossed that the dresses would show up and fit my ladies.

Score!

The dresses arrived and fit all of my bridesmaids! Perseverance and patience pay off. My bridesmaids look amazing in the dresses!

1 comment:

  1. i am so insanely impressed that you found amazing dresses at $34!?

    ReplyDelete